The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 15, 2002 at 06:33
McNasty
Founding Member
January 2002
I was given a job recently that was to re-wire and repair a HORRIBLE job. Now get this. Our client went out and bought 3 Ultimate TV's and the dish. He calls for the nearest authorized installer and tells them he needs 2 coax to each location for each reciver in one location on the 2nd flr, one on the 1st, and one in the Bsmt.. The installer told him that he was not eligable for the free install because of the work involved but would be glad to do it for $600. Now this man worked at this house from 10am until 5pm. So if my calculations are correct that comes to $85 per hour. But this is the bad part...Not only did he not snake any wires through walls like he told the client he would, but he only ran one wire to each location. Now this is a multi-million dollar house, and he left wires hanging in closets poking into walls to a plate on the other side...Drilled a 1" hole through the side of the house for the dish's wires and didn't even make a drip loop, and then ran the wires out the opposite side of the attic down, the side of the house and into a first floor closet. Picture this...Four black coax hanging down the side of a beautiful 2 story house only ziptied together as high as he could reach (about 7 feet). When the client came home and saw the disaster he quickly called the bank to cancell the check but it was already cashed. Don't people have pride in their work anymore? I would be embarrassed to do something like that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse