The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 24, 2002 at 07:25
Patrick fox
Lurking Member
November 2002
Hey guyz I am doing a fairly large home and needed 3 RF extenders for the Pronto Pro to work the 4 different systems and multi room. I placed each of the three RF extenders in separate rooms. They are all addressed the same 0/1. I spliced together all 4 mini Jacks from each unit to Cat 5 running from each room to a termination block in the Mid Atlantic rack. From the termination block I tied on IR flashers to the gear. I made sure that the positives leads from the mini jacks where on tip and the neg where on ring this would in theory work but it only works intermittently Due to? EMI? Wired incorrectly? Or maybe there is an address conflict? (Each extender is canceling each other out) I dunno?;( When it works, it works seamlessly. I waz thinking about putting a zantech IR block to amp the IR frequency to the flashers. Is this redundant? All I know is the filthy rich have no time for my petty RF dilemma after shelling out there kids potential tuition. If any one knows how to stack these bad boyz let me know... and yes I know where the pronto forum is located.

Hosting Services by ipHouse