The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday November 25, 2002 at 01:14
ItsColdInMN
Long Time Member
June 2002
Composite to S-video. I think there's a lot of factors that have to go into this question before you can simplify it to just "I switching from Composite to S-video, worth it?" I hate to complicate things, but I like to think things through before offering advice. How much will it cost to make the switch? What equipment is involved in the switch? What's the source, the destination, and any switching gear along the way. Is this just a matter of replacing a couple cables behind an entertainment center, or re-wiring a multi-room installation? Generally, people say S-video compared to composite is like night and day. I think it's like dusk, or a little bit sharper color on the sunset at dusk. Composite to component is more like night and day. If it's going to cost a fortune, then no, it's not worth it...consider getting better equipment that uses component. S-vid isn't high-def capable, so that also weighs in. Is it worth it to upgrade an old technology to a little bit newer technology? S-video won't give you any better resolution, it won't make the picture less jittery....it won't do a lot of things people think it will. Weigh all the factors, then decide.

Hosting Services by ipHouse