Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday December 11, 2002 at 10:59
brandon
Founding Member
November 2001
guys,
thanks for all the input. yes i'm very serious about this and will keep you posted with the outcome.
cmack,
i don't want to install anything inside the units unless i have no other choice. the client won't be able to change anything out himself. although great job security for myself! i use xantech ir. sytems and they have the same plasma friendly rec. but i don't have a cab. in the front to put it in. on a different note... i don't think i've worked on a cab. that would allow for a 1.5" rec. why can't they make one like a dinky link(just a little bigger)?
THEman,
i don't think it's a freq. problem. the equip.(arcam) that is in the lower cab. is working fine. i do know of the arcam issues but it doesn't seem to be giving me any problems here. the equip. above the cab. is a rotel dvd and a mits. vcr(possibly changing it out to a jvc vcr for the editing and time base features). never had a issue with this equip. before in the since of ir. i'm sorry i don't have the remote model # and i don't know the freq. i have tried it with the plasma off and the ir. system off and the same results. forgot to mention the plasma was off in the previous post.
ernie,
that sounds promising! i'm using the low output emit. from xantech now but it may not be enough.
thanks brandon

Hosting Services by ipHouse