The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 11, 2002 at 08:52
cjoneill
Select Member
December 2002
I've purchased a bit of the Elan HD series equipment and will be trying to set it up myself. So far I have the HDC1000, 1 HDC1010 quad source card, 3 HDC1020 dual zone cards, 1 HDC1030 dual music input card and 2 wallplates, telephone card, 6 HDP1000 keypads, and 4 HPD2000 keypads. I plan on purchasing another HDC1020 dual zone card, a HDC3990 firmware update, a HDC1060 or HDC2060 IR card, and a HDC1090 A/V card at a minimum.

The problem I have run into is that Elan is geared to the professional installer and basically ignores the DIY'er. I was wondering if there was some place I could find technical literature on the system? I've done a lot of searching on the net and have found only one website that seems helpful, and it mostly deals with the VIA panels.

A couple quick questions I also have are:

1. How does the HDC1090 A/V card work. It appears to have 4 A/V loop-throughs, but how is the video output? Do I also need the Z-880?

2. Can I program everything I need with VIA Tools?

3. What are the differences in the HDC1xxx and HDC2xxx series cards. It appears the the newer dual zone output card also includes IR and serial control I/O; the newer phone card adds additional chimes. Are there other differences? What does the newer IR card offer and why would you need it if you have the HDC2020 dual zone output card?

I appreciate any help that people are willing to offer. I wish I could find some documentation so that I wouldn't have to ask such basic questions.

Thanks,
CJ
I'm not a pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse