The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Tuesday August 27, 2002 at 20:55
Nothingman
Lurking Member
August 2002
Ok, so here goes. I'm working as an installer for a custom installation company in Gainesville, Fl while my future ex-wife is there attending college. It's not the best job in the World, but it's what I do and there's only two A/V companies in town and I'd already quit the first one. I'm in the boss's office discussing the goings-on of the day when a customer suddenly rounds the corner. The day goes normal to unlike any other.
So the customer comes around the corner and is immediately irritated at something, but my employer isn't the type of person who takes well to interruption of his train of thought, or for that matter, pretty much anything. He tells the customer to get out, as he is having a discussion with one of his employees, and he'll talk to him when he's done here. Well, the customer isn't going to go anywhere, and in fact begins his complaint without acknowledging my boss's previous statement.
I take this as my cue to leave, but there's a problem with that. The irate customer is blocking the door.
The situation quickly gets ugly. The customer has a problem, the boss won't hear it, and neither will listen to the other long enough to hear what's actually being said. Within a minute they're shouting at each other. In a few more, they're standing toe to toe. Suddenly, my employer grabs the phone and threatens to call the police if this guy doesn't get out! And what does the customer do? He grabs the phone out of my boss's hand and says he can't do that because he himself is going to call the police first!
So here I am, trapped in the bosses office, watching two red-faced and fully grown men scrabbling for the phone to call the police on one another, doing my best to somehow merge with the chair I'm sitting in, or, failing that, become invisible entirely. In retrospect, it's one of those moments I'll always treasure, but at the time, it was damn embarrassing.

Hosting Services by ipHouse