Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Monday August 5, 2002 at 09:22
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
DUTCH BOY!

Just what I call him since my lead guy is Dutch.
I was in a rat infested crawl space sending up phone and network wiring to a master BR wall. Since we had so many of them and the crawl was about 18" deep(too much food now has me at about 14" deep), we took a few shotcuts in determining locations and my guy was cutting boxes while I started the crawl. As he opened this particular one he noticed a copper pipe but determined that it would be no big deal as the jack was only about an inch deep. He told me to make sure that I drilled straight up... not at an angle as I only had 1" of clearance. I protested that it might be easier to patch this hole but he insisted that we'd be ok. Dumbass me takes his word for it and drills. PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Shit I'll never forget that sound... Oh and did I mention this expensive Brazilian somethingorather floor that had just been put down and sealed! I immediately yelled "DUTCH BOY...put your finger in the dike". Exited crawlspace in record time and ran all over house looking for main water shutoff while Dutch Boy's finger was getting beet red from squeezing around the hole. Found it... shut it off... crawled back to luckily placed below feeder pipe with hacksaw and bucket. Once all the water dripped harmlessly out of the pipe I called my plumber and the fix was made. Needless to say we moved the location of the network jack once the 8" hole for the upper fix was made. General wasn't even pissed and Dutch Boy still has an indent on his finger!

Hosting Services by ipHouse