The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 30, 2002 at 22:22
pchlpdr
Founding Member
May 2002
Be warned, I am not a professional installer. I am on disability, ie. fixed income, and can't even begin to afford a professional installer. I doubt any professional installers in this high rent city, ie. DC/MD, do pro-bono work. So don't ask me for any secret handshake.

A family member got a new TV for X-Mas. I got her used Toshiba 27" CF27G50 Color TV. Post 9/11, that's how I get most things, hand-me-downs and gifts. I was able to move my good things with me after 9/11. Since than this is the nicest TV I ever had in my bedroom. I need to put it as high up in my room as I can. At the hospitals I've stayed at, I have seen those wall mounted TV's, but Mother won't allow any holes in the wood paneling in my bedroom. So that is out.

I have an 8' ceiling. The tv is 75lbs. Width is 27", Height is 25", Depth is 22". Those were rounded up to the nearest inch. What is the highest a store bought tv cabinet or tv stand can be and still be sturdy? I don't need anything fancy. No glass doors, or real wood. Pressed wood or metal frame is fine for my needs. As long as it can hold my TV safely.

I start at no budget so I can end up at low budget. I have saved $150 during 2002, that I can apply to a high TV stand. I have put together the pressed wood bookcases that are in my room. I should still be able to maneuver around enough to put together a pressed wood cabinet, if I can find one tall and sturdy enough.

Paul

This message was edited by pchlpdr on 12/30/02 23:09.03.

Hosting Services by ipHouse