The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 68 made on Tuesday December 17, 2002 at 16:08
RickC
Long Time Member
October 2002
I'll throw in one more opinion from a consumer.

No matter what profesion you are in, some ppl will tell you they can do it by themself via the internet or any other outlet.

I am a fee only financial planner and Investment Advisor. Tell me there are not a few hundred thoughsand people out there who think they can invest by themselves via the web and I can give you bunch of reasons why you shouldn't.

The bottom line is that there are ppl that are more than willing to pay for my service because they see the value. There are also ppl who want free advice, then run for the door. This is the same with any high end service including electronics.

There will always be ppl who could use your service but are not willing to pay for it for whatever reason.

I am a do it yourselfer by nature, I put in my own landscaping, pond, hardwood floor, deck, flagstone patio and finished my own basement (except for the mud work).

So when it can time to put together a home theater, I took the same approach. My leading factor was budget from the start. I knew that what I had to spend would not accomidate a proffesional installer so i did research via the web. Found the products I wanted, bought them locally, and installed myself.

I did not waste anybodys time at a high end shop because I knew I would not be purchasing anything from them. Did I run into a few problems, sure, but nothing I couldn't fiqure out.

Peoples feelings about their money is realy the driving factor here. Some ppl want something for nothing others will pay for value when they see it.

Unfortunatly, most ppl will not value your time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse