The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Thursday October 24, 2002 at 22:40
Ahl
Founding Member
October 2001
I had a guy call me today wanting a 60" name brand plasma tv... He said he dound it on the internet at $10K... BUT.... he told me he knew he would have to pay a premium for someone to deliver it to his house, install it, and warrantee the thing in case of problems.

Disadvantages to buying something on the internet...
number one, you never know if the internet retailer is going to be in business once your item arrives (remember the dotcomm bust)...

number two, you never know who is being honest with you... I won't name names, but one guy on this forum has not only changes his company name, he's changed HIS OWN NAME- c'mon, dude- which one's your real name, or is either one? (not saying he's being dishonest.. probably uses those names so he'll know where the calls are coming from, but, still.....)

number 3... if you order from JoeBlow.com, are they going to drop off your item, do an expert custom installation, do it RIGHT the FIRST TIME, stand by the product they sell, and then answer your questions when you call while i'm watching 'Survivor' or '24'? I don't think so....

We can do it my way, or we can do it my way while I yell. The choice is yours.

Hosting Services by ipHouse