The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday October 11, 2002 at 01:03
Thon
Founding Member
November 2001
Ahh, the "old internet bait and switch". Do Not under any circumstances fall for this. Hopefully, you have enough business to eliminate this type of customer. I usually patiently explain that I sell experiences (ie complete tested systems) and not a bunch of black boxes. I had somebody tell me they could get a Sharp Z9000 for 2k less on the internet. I wished him well and moved on. It turns out that the projector came with a Japanese manual which was appropriate since it was meant to receive PAL programming in Japan. The projector was as useless as the manual in the US. Also, no refunds on this particular deal, so I guess this savy customer will have to move to Tokyo or try to resell on the web. I usually quote Forest Gump when confronted with the web... The internet is lak a box of chocolates... etc. You can always sell your consulting services to help a client determine which deals are legit on the web. Just make sure the final bill is more than what they would have paid in the first place. One last thought, the web is for beany babies, not sophisticated electronics.

Hope this helps.
How hard can this be?

Hosting Services by ipHouse