The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday November 17, 2002 at 13:51
Jose Blanco
Founding Member
July 2001
??? People are talking about advertising costs? I guess I am a little confused? When I open a stereo magazine (Stereophile, Stereophile HT, sound and vision, etc) Yes, I see B&W advertising, but I also see Paradigm, Snell, ... right next to them...??? SO are you saying that B&W's ad on page 11 costs 100 times more than Paradigms ad on page 20??? Slowest on the market??? Is it just me or did Paradigms semi-yellow drivers remind you of something? "Mommy, the Smiths have Kevlar, can I have kevlar,too?" Slowest...Name 5 companies that originally played with time allignment/phase coherency? Thiel, B&W..oh wait those are OLD companies..lets put our money in these new young guns that may not be here tomorrow...Sorry Hales and Dunlevy owners...to think of it the Hales sure did look like Theils...Let me stop

For me and the rest of our sales staff, we don't direct a customer to a specific speaker. We get an idea of their needs, show 'em what we have. THEY make the decision to buy the B&W speakers (or the other brands we sell)Just yesterday, I had a guy come in and was looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers...showed him a couple of Energys and a couple of B&W speakers...he chose the Energys for $200. We are not comission sales, so I wasn't going to pressure him to get the more expensive Energys or B&W...

Furthermore, he hadn't heard of either brand, and claimed to only want a product from us, because we have a reputation of selling better products than the warehouse stores....

Hosting Services by ipHouse