Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday January 18, 2003 at 00:09
davidcasemore
January 2003
We use a Panamax CO-4/110 to protect 4 incoming phone lines. This product is not available with an OnQ/OpenHouse/Leviton bracket so we drill a couple of small holes in our panels and mount the Panamax with sheet metal screws. Be sure to PROPERLY ground this stuff or it will not give you any protection. They also make coax modules for CATV/Antenna and DSS modules that allow the power for the LNB
to pass. We stack 5 of these (4 DSS and one Antenna) and installed them ahead of an HDTV multi-switch.

I don't know what a "small fortune" is to you, but a Panasonic phone system and an HDTV 5x8 multiswitch ain't exactly cheap so the protection is worth it.

I wrote Panamax to see if I could get them to at least "look in to" the idea of selling these on a universal mounting bracket but they never responded.

FYI: Leviton just purchased OnQ and will market their structured panels under the "Leviton OnQ" name. This could be great news because (in my opinion) Leviton and OnQ both have some great modules and if they combine the best of both they'll have a great product. Also, Leviton and OnQ combined have a 50% market share which may bring the costs down.
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse