Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday January 18, 2003 at 14:16
Theaterworks
Founding Member
April 2002
On 01/17/03 20:53, cmack said...
I've looked at d-tools and that's what I want
but it'll be a while till I can justify the expense.

I've been down the same thought path as you in the past. The most expensive thing you have, and the most perishable, is your time. DTools is expensive, but I've become a convert.

How long does it take you to write a proposal? Then, how long to instuct your installers to prewire it, and or document the work? How often is a wire missed during rough-in due to communications problems? How long does it take for you to write PO's, check 'em, and then find that you have some of the items it stock?

You are getting my drift, and I'm only about halfway through the project process. DTools also has a very cool change order feature that has saved my bacon countless times. I've earned/saved the cost of the program many times over during the three years I've been using it. And, I've been able to complete larger jobs with less hassle with it than I would have been able to otherwise.

DTools is a tool, just like my laptop, my Dewalt drill or the things in my toolbox. I buy good tools and expect a lot from them, so I get the job done right and rapidly.

If you want to start with less $$ outlay to start, begin by using Visio. DTools is an overlay of Visio, and proficiency at drawing in this program will speed up your learning curve with DTools immensely.
Carpe diem!

Hosting Services by ipHouse