The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday January 23, 2003 at 08:19
avdude
Founding Member
February 2002
Both the Video Essentials disk and the Avia disc are VITAL tools in the proper calibration of ANY display, not just the Toshibas!

DavidatAVX is absolutely right!! 99% of sets out there aren't setup right! The other 1% have been setup up by the pros, or DIY who choose to take the time to do it right!!

I just sol my father-in-law the new Toshiba 57HDX82. I spent about 6 hours calibrating it with our CP5000 and even cracked the back and did a little tinkering. It was set perfect, and looked beautiful to me!

He walked in and said "it's to dark!!" Cranked it up to about 90% max and he loves it.

Moral of the story....you're going to be the one looking at it, so get it where you like it! If you feel like spendin the $$$ on ISF (we charge $500.00) then be ready for it to look the way it's SUPPOSED to look according to the pros!

Remember this as well, the brighter you set it, the harder it's working and the shorter the overall life of the set.

The ISF Calibrations are definitely worth it in my opinion!! They fix alot more than just grayscale. Technicians do alot of stuff, and if you have it done, the tech should explain what he's doing. Most of us will.

Good Luck,

Brian
AVDUDE
"It might work better if it were plugged in and programmed first...just a thought!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse