The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday February 1, 2003 at 12:07
Theaterworks
Founding Member
April 2002
I do want to build a long-term client base. My clients want a long term relationship with me, and it's my responsibility to be here when they need me next. I do that by earning a living that allows me to stay here, pay my bills, pay my people, pay myself, and all that. If I don't earn that living, I'll be gone in a New York minute, and my clients won't have access to the guy that knows their houses, their systems and their preferences.

If a dealer can offer 20% off the top for hardware to make their customers feel better, that's great. If you underearn for your family and yourself, how great is that? If you can't pay your people, pay your vendors, build your business, you are not doing your job right no matter how hot an installer you may be. Remember that 20% off comes right off your bottom line, and does not affect your expenses or overheard by one single cent. Do you feel you are so tremendously profitable that your wealthy clients are better off with that discount than you are keeping some or all of it?

Without doubt there's room for different opinions and practices on this topic. I'll close with the old saw "The low price is forgotten quickly, but the memory of bad service lingers forever".
Carpe diem!

Hosting Services by ipHouse