The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday February 19, 2003 at 12:31
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
Spiky you asked about full serial control, you could use an RTI TheaterTouch T2. This remote is capable of serial control and can use RF for control(just keep the range to a minimum). Locking up the equipment or putting it in a MAP rack with secuity screws on custom face panels will help deter theft. As far as the remote walking off, why not have the users sign the remote out with Security or the Main Office. Did a theater for an apartment complex a while back and used this scenario. It is a little bit of a hassle for the tenants but saves the remote from walking off. We had the tenants sign for the remote(which had basic functionality), put the gear in a locked closet which security had to open. NO problems as of yet, about 1.5 years now. I know that RTI has had some problems but for a programmable remote that can do serial it cant be beat. Also, the programming cable is very proprietary so if the remote walks off it will be very hard for the thief to do much with it. Hope this helps.
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse