Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday February 21, 2003 at 03:21
tsvisser
Founding Member
March 2002
good.

above average reliability. (of approx 50-80 units deployed, 0 DOA, 0 Defective after use)
RS232 interface for the receiver and dvd is excellent.
-feedback includes disc type.. dvd, dvda, vcd, cd, etc
-feedback includes sampling rate
-feedback includes transport mode

example 1) client inserts cd into local souce Integra DVD player and presses play. system automatically detects that the disc is a CD and that the sampling rate is 44.1, so Crestron system turns the zone on and puts the processor into music logic mode.

example 2) client does same except this time the CD is a PCM @ 96kz recording, so this time the system goes to 2-channel mode.

example 3) client does same except this time the media type is DVD, so Crestron system turns on zone AND turns on the display device, handles switching, for the display and scaler, etc...

THIS IS A VERY POWERFULL FEATURE FROM A WELL THOUGHT OUT 232 INTERFACE THAT FEW OTHER MANUFACTURERS' PLAYERS WILL PROVIDE YOU.

I have the same accolades to give to the receivers as they handle unsolicited responses for feedback purposes flawlessley. Obviously I respond to your question from the viewpoint of someone that handles systems integration with respect to Crestron programming. I have no comment on the dealer-manufacturer part of the question.
[Link: imdb.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse