Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday February 18, 2003 at 10:13
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
How about this one... as a warning

If you are a low voltage contractor/ business owner and you are called in on some commercial or condo job at the same time as union electricians, (you know... the ones that wish to be forever protected by the IBEW... the ones who hate anyone with actual initiative) be sure to get in after they are done and prior to sheetrock to check your wires.

I had a bunch of them treat me very hostily when the answer to their "What union you with?" question was answered with " I own my own company". They kicked my drill, they set ladders wherever I was working and sort of dared me to move them and basically made me feel like I was going to get my ass kicked all day. I had a bad feeling so I got with the future owner and checked the wiring; of course finding out that a lot of my wires had been cut and taped together with the tape joint residing inside the hole drilled in a stud (some were now unconnected, some were shorted and others were now out of phase). The owner complained but Mr General was unsympathetic so I rewired everything and made a great friend/client. I can just picture the nightmare that would have come had I gone in to trim this one out without ever checking.

Eric, your classes at CEDIA are very good, which one will this be? I certainly recommend your classes to anyone reading as you are a great speaker and teacher. Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse