The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday February 24, 2003 at 23:34
ChicAugur
Long Time Member
January 2003
On 02/18/03 10:57, The_journalist said...
Letting a customer bring in their own is always
best, but it pays to keep a good selection of
different types of music on hand. I have a couple
of disks I've created for demos, but I keep about
30 CDs of various stuff for people to choose from.

Journalist, I was happy to see that you said let the customer decide. I don't care how much an installer may think they know their customer but I'm certain that the odds are very low that your high-end customer is going to be impressed with Guns-N-Roses. What a great way to ruin your reputation in an instant.

When in doubt leave the hard stuff out.(Even if you don't think it's hard) You can work your way up slowly as you acquire the customer's taste. I once saw a guy crank up Howard Stern as soon as the tuners were up and running! What the hell is that? Do you know how that will change an NPR listener or a Jazz buff's opinion of you and whether they're going to refer you to a friend?

Of course if all of your customers are the same white-trashy-trailer-parky-Wrestling-Loving-Got a spot next week on Jerry Springer-It's Ok you can spit your chew in that paper cup there-You might be a redneck Type of customer.... Well then crack some beers and fire up the Guns-N-Roses!

I'm afraid your awareness of the necessity for a wide selection of demo music isn't shared by all.

Hosting Services by ipHouse