Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 26, 2003 at 10:47
Mark W
Long Time Member
March 2003
Good Morning -

New poster to this particular forum so go easy on me.

I live in a house that I built (make that had built) for my family 12 years ago or so. At that time, I though I was fairly high tech and wired in wall speakers in the rooms where I wanted to have sound. Each room where there are speakes has its own individual Wall mounted volume controller. The volume controller is wired back to an Adcom 6 speaker selector box.

I also wired the Xantech IR remote control system in each room where needed (780-10 Receivers wired to the 789-44D In wall connecting block) The connecting block is placed in a room where all my gear is and uses the little 286-M emmitters stuck to all my gear.

As nice as this syetm is, it has one serious shortcoming that I would like to address if at all possible. With my current in wall wiring, can I somehow remotely turn on/off the speakers in the rooms that have the 780-10 J-Box receiver? It would sure be nice to have some more control over the system. The way it currently works is that I either have to do one of the following, any of which are not convenient:

1. Punch all the speaker buttons on the adcom on and leave the volume controls in all rooms off. Then as I enter each room, turn up the volume to where desired. Remember to turn off volume when leaving.

2. Leave all the Adcom speaker buttons off. Run downstairs and punch each button where I think I will want to listen to music.

It would sure be nice to be upstairs in the morning and be able to turn on the radio/cd whatever from my bedroom without worrying that I left speakers in another room on that would then wake up the whole house.

Any and all comments are most welcome. I have my Xantech catalog in front of my and am looking at the 686-10 Remote Speaker Switcher. Would this be the ticket?

Mark W.

Hosting Services by ipHouse