The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday July 11, 2003 at 11:04
kingc223
Long Time Member
June 2003
I am open to all and any suggestions. Of course the simplest way with the least amount of components is best. But one that works and has been used before is worth a look at.

Yes I would like a sketch of what you have mentioned and maybe some part numbers as well. Maybe I can pick up the things at Radio Shack easily enough. You can fax to me at 954-659-6085 ATTEN: Corey

>Making your own interfaces is always an option if your handy with that kind of stuff, but Niles already has one put together in a nice little box called the OTI-512.THis wil take any 5-12v Low current output >and turn it into a high current 12v output.

I hear your option as well....Is there a link to a page I can see and possibly order one of these if I decide to go this route?

One thing I found interesting, in reading some reviews regarding this receiver, one tester in particular had problems with the remote 12v trigger not being able to turn on a device or two. Does this mean the 12v trigger is a VERY low output and weak source to begin with? That's one thing that concerns me about driving even a couple of .50 amp mini cooling fans off of it directly. Still it would be so easy and convienent to attach the fans here and have them activated this way.

Any views on if this will introduce noise back in through the electric circuit to the reciever from the fan motor's? Or really not likely?

Thanks

CK

Hosting Services by ipHouse