The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday August 16, 2003 at 12:03
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Theaterworks' description and my memory of seeing a couple of Auton lifts remind me that the motor looked like a Somfy motor. These motors are used by Stewart Filmscreen and Draper, and motorized shades. They can be quite powerful, so you want to be sure that you do not make an adjustment by accident that might, for instance, make the motor try to lower the lift an inch below where the two parts of the lift meet.

The little screws are indeed for end-of-motion adjustments, and they are pretty easy to use. I can never remember which one is for which end of the run. The motor can be set up in any given product so that the end of the run clockwise in one setup might be UP, while it might be DOWN in another setup.

You will want to check with Auton about this, because you might turn a screw in a direction that will make the assembly bind, and maybe bend or break something, in trying to discover which screw you want to turn in which direction. You have a fifty-fifty chance, if you just turn a screw to see what happens, of making a harmless adjustment. I don't like those odds, so I would contact Auton. If they can't help, try contacting Stewart Filmscreen and see if they can tell you which button is which re clockwise and counterclockwise, not up and down; it may be possible to find this info on Somfy motors via Somfy. I haven't looked.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse