The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday September 16, 2003 at 22:05
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
Wow.. I really didnt think you were that closed minded about this stuff jaws.... What really is the price difference in the end for a client? $5-$10 a jack?

Fact of the matter is, Cat-5e is good for the Company because we use excessive amounts of cable and it does indeed save a lot over the course of a year, however, Cat-6 is better for the client as it is a better cable and is more stable in a pre construction enviroment.

ANd Yes, When Cat-7 is finalized I will offer that as an option for the first 6 months, then as the wire comes down a bit in price, it will indeed be my standard.

I did a bit of Fiber about 5 years ago.... But since no home devices started taking advantage of it, I stopped.

Cat 5/5e/6/7 are all Copper based UTP cable. Anything designed to run on Cat-5 can run on 5e, 6, or 7 so I'm NOT selling a White Elephant.

Whens the last time you had one of your cat5e jobs Certified for Gigabit network use? Once Cat-5 is put into a wall and bent all over the place, very few actually pass certification for gigabit.

Impaqt

Hosting Services by ipHouse