The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Tuesday October 30, 2007 at 14:18
Photodan
Long Time Member
September 2005
A shame that these threads always have to degenerate into this nonsense. All indications are that both formats are going to be around for a while. Further, those who own both will tell you that there is essentially no difference in image quality between the two (if thy're honest).

I own the A20 HD DVD player and love it. It's never, not once, stalled, locked-up, juddered (?) or any other malfunction. Standard DVD upscaling is great. My old SD DVD collection never looked so good. And, I got this player for under $200.

Now I intend to buy either the 40gb PS3 or the Samsung 1400, depending on reports on the noise level of the newest PS3 (would prefer this player).

In any case, for less than $600 I'm covered for both formats, far cheaper than the coming dual-format players.

Don't see the reason for all the squabbling over formats. You're covered on both. Then, when future BOGO (buy one - get one free) deals on HD disks comes along it won't matter which format's on sale. In fact, I hit the CC/Amazon two for one sale two weeks ago and bought a bunch of Blu Ray disks (along with many HD DVD disks). They're now sitting in the cabinet waiting for the new Blu Ray player.

Hosting Services by ipHouse