Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday November 6, 2003 at 10:51
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
QQQ,
I respect your opinion and in most ways agree completly. However, you stated that this will have 0 effect on your business. I disagree but dont wish to argue my side of this. I just got to work and in the process of getting here was rear ended. Nothing too serious but I dont feel all that well either. I would like to say that I feel as manufacturers start to sell lower end but same branded products throught the mass market outlets it will eventually erode the landscape for the custom integrator to make the 'upsell'. I cant recall the last time a customer told me that they new the difference between a $1000 projector and a $11,000 projector. The common response is usually "I dont want anything fancy- I dont need anything high-end" and this is from people who can afford it. Everyone shops at Wal-Mart and the more marketing that is done to 'brain-wash' the end user into beleiving that you dont have to spend more to get better performance, the less business we integrators will do. After all wal-mart is your 'one stop shop for all your home theater needs. they got dvd's, dvd players, surround sound systems, hdtv's and the experts to help you put it all together.' I beleive the commercial goes along those lines.

I hope I am wrong but I still think that as more 'outsiders' penetrate this market the fewer customers we all will have. Why buy it from you when it can be purchased at a chain store, over the internet or at the neighborhood mega-store. Sure we may get some of the labor for installing this but is that really enough to keep your business afloat?

my $.02
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse