Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday November 27, 2003 at 01:49
RTI Installer
March 2002
The best speakers I have ever heard were built by Audio Pioneer Mila Nestrovik (not sure about the spelling) if you know your speaker history he did a lot of work on McIntosh’s amplifiers design back in the 70’s. Anyway he had these pyramid (non parallel) shaped speakers with inverted pyramids on top of them, complemented with two subwoofers whose cones were made out of laminated natural leather, he had to put filters on the sub crossover to prevent haptics from occurring (people would get sick crap there pants because of the low frequency material --his subs went below 8 HZ) (see US.GOV Secret military projects, sonic weapons- Ha-Ha) the whole system was good for about a 1000 watts per channel continuous and sold for about $25.000.00 in the late 70’s.

He played me a direct to disc recording he had made of a local symphony. I have never heard anything as accurate and breathtaking since, you could close your eyes and practically see in your mind, the placement of every individual instrument.

That said, I am a big Triad speaker fan. Triads are the most versatile in the realm of mid to upper end theater speakers. The sound they produce is very smooth and detailed and not at all tiring like a lot of speakers. Their tech department is the best in the business; they are very helpful and will even make you speakers from scratch to fit your needs.
Further, unlike a lot of other “high end” speakers I have heard and installed, Triads don’t blow up.

The Martin Logan’s sound great, but I am not really a big fan of putting metal statues in the theaters I build, in fact Id rather not have any visible speakers in the theaters I build.

David

P.S. Stop taking about Bose (pronounced Booze), if I throw up any more I am going to Pass out.

Boring Obsolete Speaker Engineers.
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse