The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday November 26, 2003 at 18:42
jputtcamp
Long Time Member
June 2002
Count me in for a set of the really tall Dynaudio(Evidence) speakers, I'll take a set of those in the always elusive "ideal money no object world".

Right on AVDUDE, I wanna see a CEDIA theater finalist in the $25,000 - $50,000 range (or any range for that matter) with a lifestyle system in it, that would keep me amused for the rest of the year.

I will say this for the question. It should possibly be rephrased do "Optimized" speakers sound any different from one another? Since we have already discussed that bose is not optimized with a standard rcvr, and needs it precious EQ, someone mentioned Genlec wich is obviously optimized by it's own amps rather than our ideal outboard amp. And that amp may be best suited for 8 ohm loads and therefore blows on the world's best 4 ohm speakers. blah blah blah.

I understand your question and what you meant by it and agree with a whole lot about what you have said, but let's be fair to the Bose ID 10 T's and talk about setups optimized for speakers.

That being said can you throw enough equalization, and perfect room tuning at just about anything worthwhile (read NOT BOSE) and get the same result, I dunno, maybe.

Hosting Services by ipHouse