Founding Member
February 2002
On 11/26/03 05:09, ILOVE BOSE said...
In point one you say Bose are expensive i havent
seen a Bose speaker at $165,000.Bose has better
sound through research and found they didnt need
to go stupid with exotic materials and that theres
sounded better anyway.

HE'S RIGHT...BOSE ARE EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT THEY ARE...WHICH IS REDICILOUS, SINCE THE DRIVERS COST $11.00 AT RADIO SHACK, AND ARE MADE BY MOTOROLA (I THINK THEY'RE THE SAME ONES IN THE NEXTEL SPEAKER PHONES.) IF YOU LIKE THE PART NUMBER, I HAVE POSTED IT NUMEROUS TIMES HERE.

In point Two if Bose were all hand made they
would be more expensive and because Bose is THE
biggest speaker company in the World they can
pass that saving on to there loyal, grateful customers.

How is the company that makes the smallest speakers in the world the BIGGEST speaker company in the world? And I would HIGHLY doubt that BLOSE is the largest...I would venture it's Phase Technologies, or more specifically, their parent company (name eluding me right now) who designed and patented the silk dome tweeter years ago, and now provides somewhere in the neighborhood of 85% of ALL speaker drivers in the world (obviuosly, Motorola makes the Blose driver however)

When a company gets big every one wants a pop
at them the numbers speak for them selves ask
Microsoft ,Disney, Bose,Mc Donalds. I bet a lot
of you here hate at least Two of the four companys
i just mentioned but all have loyal happy customers
not riddled with bitterness and jealousy.

Sure they do...and I doubt anyone here harbors the animosity for MS, Disney or McDonalds that they do for Blose...

People like different things its time you Bose
bashers excepted this.

People like what they're told to like...Sony, Bose, Nike, Ford, Budweiser....big marketing equals mind control!!!! Why do shop at Wal-Mart instead of K-Mart? Because Wal-Mart crawls down my throat at least 100 times a day...can't remember the last time I saw a K-Mart add...I don't use Sony because there are better, more reliable products out there, and not quite as expensive...I drink Coors because I like the way it tastes better....and Ford, let's just say I can get a simalarly equipped GM product for around 8K less per vehicle, and a Dodge for around 12K less...Nike, I wear ONLY because they fit my feet right (I have flat feet, and the arches in Nike shoes feel the best). I HATE PAYING FOR A COMPANIES MARKETING, AND GETTING INFERIOR OR MATCHABLE-FOR-LESS-MONEY-PRODUCTS!!! Now look at Frontier and Southwest Airlines...great product, great customer service, tons of marketing...CHEAP by comparison to less performing competitors....

To answer the original post i would of course
go for BOSE.

Well, you didn't in anyway answer the original post, and I'm sorry that you've chosen a forum full of engineers and installers to spew in...it was not what I had in mind at all.

The question mentioned, source componentry, a pre-pro, cables....not an all in one box...which blose doesn't have...

Would you REALLY spend say 45K on a dedicated theater/listening room, acoustics, etc...and put a Blose system in?

Have you ever really listened to yourself in the morning on the crapper....you know whan you fart....go turn your bass module on it's side and sit over the tube, then fart again...I would bet money it's the same sound! They are both coming out of colons....

I implore you to go demo some Anthony Gallo Acoustics, or some Morel SoundSphere's or some Energy Take (5's I think)....IF you can be objective, you wil not believe what you're hearing from systems the same SIZE as those friggin cubes, for about 1/2 the cost...complete WITH a real CD/DVD player and REAL DolbyDigital, DTS surround receiver....

Thanks,

avdude
www.integrationpros.com

This message was edited by avdude on 11/26/03 09:34.
AVDUDE
"It might work better if it were plugged in and programmed first...just a thought!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse