The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 91 made on Monday December 1, 2003 at 22:53
roddymcg
Loyal Member
September 2003
My shot, be gentle. Life is too short to get all worked up over this. Sit back and enjoy the music.

In my own system, I throw away the cables that are included. In my clients systems, I throw away the cables that are included . Does the cable make a difference, my ears tell me that they do. I have set up B.A.T. electronics with Proac speakers and we were changing cables all the time. Kimber Kable, Nordost, the mystery boxes, and even Monster cable. I have a little experience playing with this stuff and I (we) did notice sublte differences with different cables. Nordost blue heaven was my favorite.

Are a $1k set of cables going to make a cheap system better? I would not do it to my system and I could not do it to my client. Ever seen chrome rims on a Hyundai thumping down the road?

I do not feel in any way that I am throwing my money away upgrading cable. I do not feel like I am ripping my clients off either, plus it is an easy sale and a little extra money in our pockets.

Some will say I am crazy, I guess I will not be installing their systems then. Oh well life goes on.

Roddy

This message was edited by roddymcg on 08/26/04 12:17 ET.
When good enough is not good enough.

Hosting Services by ipHouse