The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday November 19, 2003 at 09:01
Annie Nonymous
Lurking Member
November 2003
OK, Pro-ton. I put the 24awg across the battery and it melted. I put the wrench across the battery and it got real hot. Now, what exactly was that supposed to prove? I agree that enough current in one direction will cause metal migration to occur. A dead short across a car battery is not a very good analogy for a high end speaker system. I did re-read your original post and you are correct, you did alude to the fact that the water pipe is a DC system. I just wanted to clarify for other readers because the water pipe analogy is widely misused. It really applies more to FREQUENCY capacity than CURRENT capacity. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that Monster or other expensive cables aren't better, I'm just saying they are unnecessary for our application. Anybody who tells me they can absolutely hear the difference will have the privelege of buying them from me at $100 a pop. Sirround, you are also correct in that I have not had the opportunity to do a true double blind test. I would love to try it. I'm a little skeptical however because I've heard that while expensive cables really can't improve performance they can be made to sound "DIFFERENT". Much like turning up the blue gun on the TVs you want to unload in your showroom or Bose putting in a tube to distort the bass. Joe consumer will actually notice a difference and believe one is better than the other when, in fact, it may be the other way around.

Hosting Services by ipHouse