Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Tuesday November 18, 2003 at 22:27
pro-ton
Long Time Member
October 2003
Annie
Making up physics?!? I think not! It may not be a true equal comparison but the physics are correct. And I do beleve I eluded to the fact that it really only applies to DC. Maybe you should read it again. Or you can wait for some one else to add to this thread and take a shot at them. Ok go out to the garage and try this for an analogy, put a 28awg wire accross your car battery and see what happens then drop a 3/4" wrench accross it and see what happens. Either way the current/power will be dissipated as heat it is a question of where will that happen. Power/wattage is equal to current squared times voltage. In the Hoover Dam scenario they use high voltage low current. I don't know exactly the voltage etc. In a home stereo high current and low voltage is used to produce the crisp clean HiFi audio we all love. I am actually one of the sceptics of high dollar cables. I can't beleve the money some people spend on it. For my customers I use good but not outragously expensive cable. I am also very sceptical of the monster power strips. Sure they may take out some noise but I would bet none of that would make it into your audio or video.

Hosting Services by ipHouse