Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 25, 2003 at 20:11
HTMitch
Long Time Member
November 2003
Hey Guys,
New kid on this block. A little background to help answer my question. I have been in the custom installation/retail business for 15 years. Started as installer and worked my way up. I have owned my business for 6 years now. I am currently switching out 2 of my brands. The first being M&K, great product but lousy company (backorders for months). I am in the favorable position of being able to get most any brand (except B&W) but have it narrowed down to Boston or Paradigm. I have sold Boston many years ago and would be exclusive within 100 miles (exclusivity can be good and bad). Speakers are primarily home theater and in-walls. The other brand I’m replacing is Parasound, they went to high end and I have had reliability issues. If I need a high end brand I would sell Krell or similar. I need a mid-fi line with separates. Before Parasound I was an Adcom dealer and won’t do that again. I am really liking Rotel but maybe Anthem or …? Yes, I can get Rotel but not B&W, go figure! I am mainly custom but do have a retail showroom. Other brands I carry are Acoustic Innovations, Anthony Gallo, Crestron, Escient, SpeakerCraft, Stewart Filscreen, Runco, Toshiba, Yamaha. Like I said I’m mainly custom so I know people are buying me and the company more than the label on the box, but name recognition does count somewhat. Reliability and tech support are most important but so are the subtle things that I would like your opinions on. So the question is what would you guys do? Thanks in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse