The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 3, 2003 at 22:37
Azuceit
Lurking Member
December 2003
Hey Everyone! Thanks for responding! First post and Its kinda like screaming across the desert to see if there is anything out there. It might just respond! What I'm doing is programming a Xantech kepad! I am controlling a Dvd, Vcr, Sat and routing the vid through a projector in a remote room, The rack room is about a hundred feet away. I have everything functioning fine in the rack room. By this I mean, I programmed the keypad in the rackroom with the Dragon 450 software and everything routes and ramps the volume. Life is good! Used a small Lcd tv with Av inputs to see what was routed through the receiver, Audio fine, video fine. Take the panel to the remote room and and only video routes not audio, ? is wire length a issue? Do I need seperate wires for power or IR? Tommorrow will drape a cable on the floor to see it something is squirreled with the wire. My last thought is power? Am I on borderline of just enough but not enough? I did put a 470ohm resistor across the IR and Status to build the current a little, but to no avail. Oh sorry! The cable I'm using to the remote room is 4 conducter 18g sheilded! Please respond!

Hosting Services by ipHouse