The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday November 4, 2003 at 02:33
avdude
Founding Member
February 2002
I talked EXTENSIVELY with our AVAD rep and we won't touch it with a ten foot pole!! Broken into simples terms, this is what I got...

1) Spend 2500 for two people who MUST be trained in XXX number of areas BY AVAD. Then it's 1000/additional installer....and one person on staff must be CEDIA Certified AT ALL TIMES...

2) Support AVAD and ONLY AVAD products unless there is a specific request which, "AVAD can't supply after dilignet attempts"

3) In my market, there are currently 5 integrators signed up, and 11 more have applied, and are ready to go...16 in Denver? Where is the benefit to me if the REAL big jobs are being farmed out to AT LEAST 16 different people.

4) When I asked how many companies they wanted, the anser was, "as many as possible."

Non-Coincidentally by the way, I got a one page e-mail today with special links to the whole program...

THEN I got my issue of CE-Pro, which has a full page about it (PAGE 46) which is CLEARLY written by a non-objective person to favor the program...
AVDUDE
"It might work better if it were plugged in and programmed first...just a thought!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse