The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday February 14, 2004 at 14:30
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
I'd start with an attitude of honesty and determination. You're baffled, only human, and want to figure out what the problem is as much as he wants you to. Just don't abandon him. Let him know you intend to get it working right again.

The customer knows it worked right to begin with, so the workmanship shouldn't be an issue. Either the equipment or the environment has changed; you and he need to work together to find out what is different.

It could be (as you mentioned) other electronics within or outside the structure. Maybe keep a sort of diary showing when the problems occur, and what else is going on at the time. (pardon the pun).

You certainly should seek (and receive) the support of your vendor(s) (ReQuest, in this case?) in troubleshooting; their help should prove invaluable. Remember, you are their customer, and the same two-way relationship should exist.

As a customer, I never get upset when problems arise; only poor performance by the professional in attempts to work for a solution (or compromise) deserves my wrath. I try to see it from their perspective. As a customer, what would I want?

Just my thoughts.

Larry
www.fineelectricco.com

This message was edited by Larry Fine on 02/14/04 14:37.

Hosting Services by ipHouse