The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday February 9, 2004 at 15:17
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
EVERYONE has problems learning through the computer. That particular bug in the first ProntoEdit has never been fixed. In fact, that bug might have been the original reason for the FAQs!

You should stuff your artwork into the remote, learn the codes, suck them up into the computer, store, rinse and repeat.

When you typoed "aTiVo" in the title, did you mean "all TiVo" or "any TiVo" or simply "TiVo?" Does it learn any of the TiVo codes at all?

As for TiVo, what brand and model is it? Just before I wrote that I realized that we are not necessarily talking about one particular brand any more, and I do not know if the remote codes are part of the TiVo licensing. I was about to tell you just to make sure that you didn't do what all of us do sooner or later, which is to try to teach the wrong end of the remote.

When you try to teach TiVo codes, get another remote out and try to teach codes from it, just to be sure that in the same session, with the same orientation and wiring, you CAN learn codes, just not TiVo codes.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse