The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday February 19, 2004 at 22:58
aaautoman
Long Time Member
February 2004
I am having problems with the OnQ modulator that I just installed. Inputs from Satellite Dish Receiver are coming into the modulator which is set on channel 120. Modulator's RF output is connected to OnQ 3x8 enhanced video module's auxiliary input, which also has cable coming into it.

When the room TV is turned on to channel 120, the Satellite picture is seen, but strong static lines are all over it. Also, TV outputs a high noise and disturbance. In another room's TV, only th epicture is seen with same disturbance and static, but no noise. Low pass filter is also connected to the OnQ 3x8 module before cable comes into OnQ. I tried with and without the low pass filter - same result.

Can someone help me with solving this problem. What could be wrong? Could 50 feet wire run be the problem?

It may be of note - that when I installed the modulator, the power supply was bad. I had an old power supply with same specs (except this one used 100mA of current as opposed to 200mA on the one that came with modulator). I don't know if this has anything to do with it (I wouldn't think so).

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse