Original thread:
Post 69 made on Thursday February 26, 2004 at 08:20
SamG
Long Time Member
September 2002
On 02/26/04 00:52, avdude said...
I think SamG IS starting to understand where we
are coming from!

Yes, I am. And I think others can see where I'm coming from.

I'm going to try to make my point one more time a different way on the profit margins (which I'm actually not talking about profit margins, but you get the idea).

You want a new computer. You go to (insert favorite computer store here) and they can get you the exact computer you want. It will cost you $1500. You give them the credit card, and you go home with your computer.

Within a week, you go to (insert favorite general store here), just out of curiousity, you go into the computer section. There's your exact same computer... memory, HD size, monitor, slots, cards, everything... for $1000.

Now, you just spent $500 (half again as much as what you could have paid at the general store) more at the computer store. Yes, they have more expertise than the general store, and they have better service available (I don't know how long you guys do free warranty repair on stuff). But do you feel you got a good deal?

Disclaimer: I am only talking about one item in a long list on a bid. I know you have to look at the entire bid and the company behind the bid to try to fairly compare bids.

Now an extra $500 might not mean much to you guys, but that can buy a lot of diapers, groceries, gas, games, whatever for my family.

Notice, I said nothing about shopping on the internet, and nothing about asking the computer store to knock their price down. I'm talking about how I feel after seeing the price difference.

SamG

Hosting Services by ipHouse