The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday February 28, 2004 at 20:03
Matt
Founding Member
August 2001
I have an AV9000 preamp, great unit, but have this issue...

6 analog channels are taken from a DVD-2900 and routed into the AV9000. The AV9000 has to be switched into a special mode (called 6 channel direct) to 'look at' these inputs and bypassing any internal DSP, for SACD.

My issue is...I cannot program the remote to intelligently know what the previous mode was. For example, if I was on any source and switched to SACD, I have a macro that will set the preamp to go to 6 channel direct mode. That works great, but, now if I want to switch to any other source, after SACD, I have to press the 6 channel direct button again to EXIT 6 channel direct mode. I cannot simply select another source on the preamp because it will stay in 6 channel direct mode. Actually, it won't even switch inputs when 6 channel direct mode is enabled.

I guess it's just a 'feature' of the AV9000. It's not a make or break deal, it just would be nice to have a totally automated system for the less experienced users of a home theater system that incorporates SACD and other direct analog inputs.

Anyone know of a PREAMP that DOSENT do this?

PS: I have tried all RC5x 16 1 xx modes from 0 to 15. None of them work (execpt for RC5x 16 1 3, that's the on/off code for 6 channel direct on the AV9000). If anyone has a discrete code for 6 channel direct mode off, I would pay money!

Hosting Services by ipHouse