Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday February 28, 2004 at 11:40
QQQ
January 2002
I’ve been reading these types of whining rants here it seems almost daily and I usually don’t respond, as it’s obvious I’m the odd man out. But since I can see this is going to turn into yet another whine fest, gloves are off.

We are in business to compete. Deal with it. Try to find a business, ANY business where there isn’t someone willing to undercut your prices. Electricians deal with it every day. Builders deal with it. Car dealers deal with it. Huge billion dollar companies deal with it. It’s the damn nature of capitalism. GET OVER IT! Quit whining and complaining about it and spend all your time figuring out how to overcome it and how to kick your competitors ass. And it’s even possible you can’t (kick your competitors ass). For instance, if you are focusing on builder pre-wires, there may very well come a day where you can’t compete with the electrician. In which case, you kick your competitors’ ass by figuring out what IS profitable and changing your business model and focusing on what you can make money on. This is why I have never had the slightest interest in doing pre-wires for builders. Most builders are counting pennies and it’s a complete waste of time to work with them if you want to charge a decent wage.

This message was edited by QQQ on 02/28/04 16:23.

Hosting Services by ipHouse