The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Saturday March 6, 2004 at 00:18
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
John, if I may ask... I see you're an accomplished programmer. Maybe you or anyone else can help this lowly electrician/installer? (I emailed this to you also, in case you'd rather respond there)

Where can I find some simple SmartLinc for Dummies instructions? I bought the 4-part package new from an individual a while back; the touchpad (w/power supply and X-10 interface), the break-out box, A/V sensors, etc. I managed to get it running a little, but I can't understand how to integrate it with my HT. When it was connected, lights and electronics seemed to affect each other.

I consider myself intelligent, but I go crosseyed when I try to follow the instructions. It's a combination of vocabulary and not knowing what the capabilities of this system are. For example, is the touchpad a complete X-10 transmitter, or is that in the other boxes? How do I decide how to set up house and unit codes? How do I activate my HT gear?

If you aren't familiar enough with SmartLinc, can you direct me to a "knowledge base" of some sort?

Thanx for any help,

Larry
www.fineelectricco.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse