- I do. We are deciding currently which route
to take and right now I think I'm leaning toward
AMX...

can anyone who has dealt with both systems comment
on which is better for the residential side...anps
and pre's aside. I need lighting - security -
hvac - whole house audio - shading control...I
got the theater covered!

I'm a Level II Crestron programmer(Or to put it correctly.... I Was a Crestron level II Programmer... I just never went to Jersey to get the Full Certification... But I could of.....

Regardless...............

I'm now ACE certified as well, and can tell you this....

The AMX Programmig language is significantly more robust than Crestron. You can do a whole lot of cool things with SIMPL+, but at the end of the day, you have to integrate it all within the simplistic SIMPLWindows programming Interface... It limits the system a lot. If I could program a PRO2 in entierly SIMPL+. it would be a much better system....

The best way to describe the differneces in programming is this...........

Experienced Line code programmers will prefer AMX. Pronto programmers will prefer Crestron (And may not even be able to handle Netlinx) Now dont get me wrong... There NOTHING wrong with Pronto Programmers.... I'm one of those too.... But I also can code C++, Java, HTML/XML, anseveral other less common Languages, so Netlinx is much more familiar for myself... Even after doing Crestron exclsively for almost 8 years.

As far as whats better for the residential client... Well There are very few things that one system can do and the other cannot.

But as far as Aesticics, AMX is kicking crestrons butt right now. Just visit both web sites and see for yourself. TPS vs. Modero.... Not even close... And things you cant see from a picture are there too... AMX has a excellent anti-glare coating/screen, and the hard buttons just feel better....

Crestron may have some super duper panels or whatever on the horizon... Who knows.... But I can tell you this... AMX is not just sitting around waiting for Crestron to catch up..... InfoComm and CEDIA this year are going to show some awesome new products from AMX.

I've already expressed my views on the AMX MVP's vs. the Crestron 2-way panels in the same price range in this thread so I wont go over that again....

Regardless of your decision, you will serve your customers better by beng able to offer them a control solution to their complex project.

When it comes down to it, when properly programmed, neither system is going to let anyone down.

Hosting Services by ipHouse