Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday March 10, 2004 at 17:43
Audible Solutionns
March 2004
Hostility? Just looking for info. I did not want to get into a AMX vs Crestron debate. If your experience is with AMX then I want to learn of the experience. And its not from the programming side that I am interested. You can own a company or be an installer for a company or the point man on a job. I can do the programming. I lack the experience with the subsystem and I do not wish to get this experience the hard way. Either control system can control any subsystem assuming a skilled programmer. You have answered some of my questions. You have had success with the GE with up to 12 zones on an AMX system.

12 zones does not seem like a lot if you are looking at an entire house. Is that correct? Do you only give partial control of the sysetm to the client or am I using incorrect nomenclature. I assume a zone in security equals some status point, door(s), window(s), smoke, glass break or PIR. I would have thought that you would want to turn the touch panel into a virtual security keypad and so you would be a virtual RS-485 device. That presupposes all information available to the keypad should be available to the touch panel. Would this not presuppose more than 12 zones? Or are you speaking of 12 keypads or 12 rooms?
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse