The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday May 17, 2004 at 10:44
Jay In Chicago
Founding Member
December 2001
OK, here's the content of an email I received. I have never heard this "microwave style beep". Rarely do we do a 2803, and almost never have a Denon receiver problem, so what gives? This is a partially existing system that we added to. The sub is a powered Velodyne... maybe 5 years old. Basically we added 5 speakers, a 2803 and some hidden wiring.

I'm sure somebody must know what's happening here.

I think there may be a problem with the Denon receiver. I have encountered a number of problems:

· When listening to music in 5 channel stereo with the sub-woofer the sub-woofer starts to make really “off” base sounds (as if it is behind or ahead of the song) and then all the speakers let out a high-pitch beep and the system shuts down – no music plays. If I turn the receiver to a different mode, I can hear the music again. This has occurred 3-4 times.

· I turned off the sub-woofer and unplugged it, then I got some crackling from the speakers, the high-pitch beep and the music shuts off. If I turn the receiver to a different mode, I can hear the music again. This has occurred twice since I unplugged the sub-woofer.

· Susan and I were watching TV in Dolby mode, when the system let out a loud pop and no sound came from the speakers. I shut off the receiver a number of times before any sound came out, for a while it only came out of the rear speakers. This has occurred only once.

Not sure what is going on, but I want to make sure I am not damaging any of the equipment. When you have a chance can you stop by and take a look.

Jet Rack ... It's what's for breakfast

Hosting Services by ipHouse