The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday May 14, 2004 at 04:12
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
The one I mounted today went on a sixty year old brick fireplace where the owner is having its front built out; the plasma will end up living behind a diptych or triptych, depending on the hinges that hold the artwork.

It was a Fujitsu 42 with a Chief mount, a single arm, and when the plasma is pushed back it sits 3/8 inch behind the front of the woodwork. Plaster will be added, so the plasma will end up more than an inch behind the paintings.

We used the arm so that we could swing the arm out, hang the plasma, then swing it into to opening. The plasma and mount together took seven and a half inches of depth.

To make sure this was all going to be done perfectly, I brought a piece of particle board and some 2 x 4s, and mounted the plasma on them first. From that mount I could tell that the center of the plasma was about 1/4 inch to the right of the center of the right mounting holes for the back plate. Chief made a major pain in the ass oversight in not having a sentence that defined exactly where the vertical center of the plasma would wind up, because you can't put the wall plate in the right place if you have no way to tell exactly where the plasma will be in relation to it.

Anyway, it took about three hours because of the mockup, but it was exactly in the center of the opening. Good, too, because I couldn't very well move a bolt a quarter of an inch in brick.

On 05/12/04 19:39, sinsec85 said...
Will this significantly increase
MTBF (mean time between failure)

No. Definitely no. Increasing MTBF makes a product better because it will last longer. If MTBF is increased, there will be a longer mean (almost, but not quite, the same as average) time between failures, so they won't fail as often, so they will be better.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse