Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday May 16, 2004 at 04:34
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
irregardless

That is one of those forbidden-by-teachers words, like ain't.

A college girlfriend, an English major, had a dream one night where God assembled all the English teachers across the countryside, then God speaks the word "Irregardless" and they all go straight to hell.

On 05/16/04 02:09, RTI Installer said...
it was the weirdest
thing, turned out to be a bad video output cable,
I don’t know why it was freaking out on second
zone, go figure. Replaced the cable and the problem
went away.

I'll vote for weird! I was about to ask you which cable when I actually paid attention to what you wrote, being video output. I will disconnect the video outputs (composite and component) and report back.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. No, no short on the outputs, maybe a loose wire inside, and I will inspect it; now that the Russian Mafia has worked on it, who knows?

I talked to a Denon tech early on and described what I was doing. He was not at all bothered by the idea of six pairs on that amp. If this is true, then that fact, the three zones of output, the output trigger and the RS232 computerized setup and the auto-EQ are LOTS of reason to buy Yamaha instead of Denon. Of course, I am talking about a new Yam and an older Denon, so ? ? ?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse