The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday May 9, 2004 at 01:35
HDTVJunkie
Long Time Member
March 2004
Larry Flint used to have a "beaver hunt" contest in his mag. Don't have a clue if it's still there, but they used to pay $100.00 for any good spread they decided to publish. Be creative with the word spread :)

I dummied up Flint Publications letterhead and wrote something like this:
_________

Dear Mrs. White,

Thank you for your submission to Hustler Magazine's Beaver Hunt contest. We are pleased to inform you that your beaver will be included in our May edition! Your check for $100.00 will arrive approximately six weeks after publication, and we are including a one year subscription beginning with the May addition.

Mr. White was an employee of mine. He happened to mention one day that him and his wife sometimes included a camera in their sex play. That was all I needed to know to perpetrate this prank. I typed the letter and dropped it in the mail box on March 31st. I clued in the other employees the next day at the start of business.

Early in the afternoon, one of the guys took a call from Mr. White's wife. "Hey Jim, your wife's on the phone and it sounds like somethings wrong!" he said. We all crowded around Jim when he answered the call. He listened for a bit. He said things like "No, I didn't." and "I can't imagine how." and "Honestly honey, I really didn't!" All the while turning white as a ghost. Finally he hung up the phone.

I asked him what was wrong, and he told me. We were all amazed with his story (hehe) and then I asked him to call his wife back and ask her who signed the letter.

I had signed it April Foolery :)

This message was edited by HDTVJunkie on 05/09/04 02:03.

Hosting Services by ipHouse