Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday May 24, 2004 at 20:47
thefish
Founding Member
September 2001
Hey AV dude,

I came across this a few months ago. The project never came to fruition, (cost prohibitive) but I was assured from the manufacturer that it would work (they make a product specifically for this).

www.hollandelectronics.com 800.628.4511 X191

They make a product called the TSAT242. It's a 24", 3 LNB dish, with 2 diplexers, and 2 stackers.

Then you need a DSAT4D3S to destack.

It stacks the 3 LNB's sends them down on 2 coax, then destacks them at the head.

This all came about when a customer of mine had a HD dish, and only one coax running to his dual tuner Tivo, and we were trying to figure out how to get two DSS feeds out of one coax.

This stuff isn't cheap, but so far is the only way I could find, and fits the niche for the customer who wants it.

They also make a multiswitch product specifically to get more outputs from those horrible 20" 3LNB dishes that have the 4 out multiswitch built in. They seem to be a very foreward thinking compnay, and really geared to finding solutions that we (CI's) face. I don't do much satellite, but the next time I need a multiswitch, I'm going to go with these guys instead of S****.

Check out their catalog, they make some pretty cool stuff.

Hosting Services by ipHouse