Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday May 23, 2004 at 02:48
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I am truly a control freak.

I run two wires from LNB A, that looks at the 101 satellite.

I run two wires from the LNB B, that looks at 119.

I run one wire from LNB B, that looks at 110.

Inside the attic, the closet, the basement, wherever, I put in the splitter that mixes LNB B and C signals for a resulting four satellite cables: 13 volts, 18 volts, 13 volts plus 22 kHz, and 18 volts plus 22 kHz.

Oh, yeah, I also usually run a sixth wire so that I can put up a terrestrial antenna if/when needed.

Anyway, those four satellite leads go into a multiswitch. I use a 5 in, 4 out for up to four receivers, and a 5 in, 8 out for up to eight receivers -- be sure to count dual-tuner DVRs as two receiver needing two separate cables.

Why 5 in when I only have four satellite cables? So I can mix either cable or antenna in on the same cables going to each location.
As for results, I put up a Channel Master 4228 in urban Los Angeles the other day, diplexed it in with a Channel Master IFD 4002 near the entry into the roof (only had four wires on that one), diplexed it out in the basement (20 feet of cable later), put it into the VHF/UHF input of an Eagle/Aspen 5x8, and got 18 digital stations at the two HD boxes in the house. That is without external amplification.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse